Groups and major collaborations
(the most active on top of the list, at the bottom groups that quit)
- BERLIN-BASED COLLABORATIONS HERE
- Duo with Martin Klapper (cz/dk) (toys, amplified objects, tapes, theremin etc) since '97. A wild and fast sound-exploring duo which is very visual. We are expanded into a trio for our tour in sweden 2014 with Adam Bohman (uk, amplified objects, wine glasses, tapes, voice etc).
- Fågelpingis since '01 with Tomas Halling (voice, percussion, trombone, activity) and Jacob Ullberger (banjo, voice). An improvising group exploring improvised humor and cabaret.
- Smullotron since '02 with Lise-Lotte Norelius and Sören Runolf, all playing live electronics, sound recordings and amplified objects. A composers' collective.
- Fåglar av glas (Birds of Glass) with Katt Hernandez (us/se, violin, voice), Hanna Olivegren Wessblad (voice etc) and Sören Runolf (cello, electronics) since '12.
- Duo with David Bremer (electronics, voice, challenges) since '11, sometimes with guests like Lise-Lotte Norelius or Johan Lindvall. One clip here.
- Duet since '87 with Hal Rammel, saw, inventions and electronics (Wisconsin) since '87. Performances in Chicago (ILL), Madison (WI) and St John's (NF, ca). Intercontinental duo with my first great source of inspiration for surrealist instrument design and saw playing. One clip here.
- JoHaHa since '10 with Fredrik Hagstedt and Tomas Halling.
- Erotic Boulders since '05 with Mitchell Brown, analog electronics; the late Damian Bisciglia, amplified found and modified objects, electronics; Joseph Hammer, real-time tape loops, electronics. An electronic / amplified objects improvised musique concrète ambient noise group based in Los Angeles. In '09 expanded with guests Kio Griffith and Bobby Loachfillet.
- Think Pink since '04, duo with butoh choreographer SU-EN.
- SLIP since '03, quartet with Jaap Blonk, voice (nl), Mats Gustafsson, reeds, amplified obejcts, electronics (se) and Lou Mallozzi, turntables, feedback, objects, electronics (us). Premiered on Fylkingen Jibbolii festival. Photos on Sonoloco.
- Elektroarmén with Johan Söderling, Bo Valpeters, Daniel Älgå and Sören Runolf, all playing electronics.
- Hunger since '97 with Bendik Hagerup, violin, cello, piano (no) and Risto Holopainen, prepared piano, keyboards, Hawaii guitar (se/no).
- Fretlessarméén with Terje Mentyjærvi (no) and Harald Beckstrøm (no) since '94, all of which have invented instruments and sound sculptures.
- Acrobatic Music with Terje Mentyjærvi (no): physically involving instruments and slapstick musical comedy. Collaborations with theatre group Stella Polaris (no) and Jaga Jazzist (no).
- Children's theatre group Eventyrteatret since '95, led by Ingrid Brudevoll (no) and directed by Ida Frederiksen (no), three productions on many tours based on different fairy tales. I was acting, composing etc. in all of them.
- Cloudchamber since '98 with Martin Küchen (saxophones, fujara, percussion, radios) and Sören Runolf (electric guitar, cello, electronics). An improvising group working with collective layers of sound qualities. CD on Fylkingen Records.
Contact and upcoming events.
The Welcome page
Updated the 17th of March, 2015.